We are no longer accepting manuscripts under the Traditional Publishing Model. Like many micro presses, we have found this model untenable in the current ecosystem. As of January 1, 2018, we will be migrating to a Hybrid publishing model.
The hybrid model will not be for everyone, as it has significant up front costs. We are still working on our pricing model, which should be available January 1, 2018.
Under the hybrid model, we still curate the list of books we accept, which means not all manuscripts are appropriate for New Libri.
If you are interested in submitting a manuscript under the hybrid model, please be aware of the basic process we go through and that there is a fee beyond the initial screening.
The basic process is:
- Initial query of synopsis and first 25 pages. No Fee.
- If we think this fits our new model, we’ll invite you to submit FOR A $25 FEE. For the fee you get:
- An assessment as to the stage your work is in: Ready, Copy Editing, Development Editing, or Not for New Libri
- An assessment of current issues with the work, basically a review.
- You then decide if you want to proceed (assuming that the assessment is Ready, Copy Editing, or Development Editing).
If you are interested in this process, please read the other sections of our website, as appropriate, and send your initial query to:
You should indicate in your email that you understand that your submission is under the HYBRID model.
The Editorial Staff